Thursday, July 1, 2010

X-Training, Run, Volleyball, and Epic Win!

I'm not going to lie, I was beat on Wednesday! I had done about 23 miles in 2 days and knew I needed to do some x-training. So I finally used the Lincoln Park Boat Club and went for a row. Rowing a scull is very different from rowing... I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, but in both the alumni rows I have done over the past month, I have been exhausted just paddling. We used to do 15 miles a day at steady state and in no way was it close to the level of exhaustion i experienced in just a few kilometers. The row was relaxing and tiring, but worst of all the shoes were too small! Recreational rowing clubs seem to be biased against people that are actually big enough to be good rowers! My feet were numb after 4k! So i had to get out of the boat and jump on an erg for 20 minutes to get a decent workout in.

Fast forward to today, got out of work early and got out for a run before volleyball. The run started out at a decent pace, but I got to 4.5 miles and felt pretty beat. Turned around and starting messing around with my stride. Lengthened out a bit and kind of felt like I was going over 7min miles. I wasn't tired, it felt like a comfortable pace but too comfortable. But low and behold I look down at my gps watch and I am going 6:30 miles! The realization I was going faster than I ever thought was invigorating. I kept pace all the way home and ended up doing a little over 9 miles in 59:50. I know I need to be above 10 miles in all my runs now, but I also know there will be times that I may be tired and can not do as much (especially in the morning) so I am pleased with today's run. I plan on doing a half marathon tomorrow sometime being that I have the day off. After the run I took a quick shower and headed out to volleyball. I am so happy I joined a volleyball league. Honestly it is the highlight of my week. The group I play with are all really cool people, and its more about just having fun than it is about winning. I'm not all that great though... i spend alot of time in the sand rather than hitting the ball over the net. I would describe my play as "floppy." Tons of fun nonetheless

So as for the epic win... after having my call "escilated" numerous times with DirecTV's customer service, they are finally realizing the ridiculousness of their policy! WIN! See what a little hard headedness will get you!

Donations are coming in... I'm almost up to $200 already! Thank you to everyone for donating and I really appreciate it! Please pass on this blog to your friends and family... I promise to do the work and with your help we can really help a great cause! Ok better post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment