Monday, July 19, 2010

Wait What???


The half marathon race is in 2 weeks!!!! AHHHHHH FREAKKOUTTTT!!!


Ok I'm better. So as I just said, the 13.1 mile race is 2 weeks from yesterday. To prepare for the early morning race (630AM) I am going to do all my workouts before work. That means up at 5AM most mornings. As I have said before, I am not a morning person, so this is going to be quite the endeavor. Last week showed that I have the fitness to do a sub 1:30 half marathon, now I just need to make sure it translates to early morning running (picture is from a morning in March when it was still dark out... maybe ill see something similar at 5AM). Sunday I was planning on doing an 18 mile run, but the heat was unbearable. I was able to do a little over 10 miles in the 90 degree heat with 80% humidity. It was evident today that it took alot out of me, when I was dying around mile 3 during my 8 mile run. I was able to average 6:41 miles in today's run, but it did take alot of effort.

So tomorrow morning is a big day... oh... also we went over $300 today!!! Thanks again and if you haven't donated yet, any amount helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment