Monday, July 12, 2010

Big Time!

Today was a big day! Had a good one on Saturday too. Saturday we went golfing at 730AM (walked the course!) and somehow made it out for a run with Clarke. We did 10 miles at a comfortable pace and I did another 2.5 at faster pace. I was pooped after. But then today I went on a run thinking it be just a tad over 10, I ended up going at a decent pace, fast enough to do a sub 1:30 half marathon. Unfortunately my watch didn't pick up the distance for a few minutes, so the only way for me to test my pace half marathon was to do 1hr and 30 min and see if my distance was over 13.1 miles. The way back was reallllly tough. I was going real slow and had to make 2 stops to grab some water. It was "Bonk-a-palooza 2010!" I still wanted to see what I could do, so I finished the time and took a slow jog/walk back home. Jumped right onto google pedometer and found that I did 13.125 miles in 1hr and 30min!!! That's 6:51 miles... 1.5 seconds faster than my marathon pace! I think if I did it on a Saturday, after a rest day, I could go even faster! Maybe not for a few days though, I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty sore tomorrow!

On the donations sided we just passed $250! Support is coming from family, new friends, old friends... The support and well wishes have been great! Thank you all so much! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment