Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Holy Moley

After a fun weekend back home in Toledo, where we did some alumni rowing races and a fare amount of drinking, I got back into the swing of things monday with an 8 mile run on a beautiful day. The heat caught me a bit off guard, not to mention the throngs of Chicagoans enjoying the 80 degree weather. Enjoying it a bit too much though, past 2 days I saw multiple kids (usually young men who happen to have tramp stamps... surprise) getting thrown into the back of a padiwagan. I had one encounter with an obviously drunk kid who wanted to play chicken with me (he literally looked around, saw me, and stepped off the beach in front of me). So I did what anyone with common sense would of done of course... I put my sunglasses on the top of my head, stared right into his eyes, and turned on the boosters. Lets just say he didn't stay put (although he did have some choice words for me, but I kept running). That mentality never made sense to me, why do people want to pick fight with a random stranger... eh... off topic

My run was good monday, produced ALOT of sweat, and got me back into it. Today I tried something new. I've been reading a great deal of marathon websites with training schedules, and they talk about doing higher intensity, shorter runs. So today I did 4x1 miles with 3min rest in between. I did 5:28, 5:52, 5:58, and 6:12. First one was by far the easiest, and I actually though midway during the 2nd run that there was NO way I could do 2 more. There was a fare amount of dodging and weaving, and people were definitely looking at me funny, but I was pretty excited once all said and done. I hadn't done a workout like that in years and I was pretty impressed with myself (toot toot).

Side note... i stopped watching lost this season... and with the series finale just happening, I got pulled back in! Different experience this time, I watch them on fast forward so I can finish them sooner... it's pretty intense! Still no better season than season 1

Morning run tomorrow with a core workout after... keep your motor runnin...

No comments:

Post a Comment