Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And I'm Back!

So I took a quick trip down to Florida over Memorial Day weekend and even though I was able to crank out a few runs, I wasn't nearly as productive as I am here in chi-sizzle. And because golf doesn't count, my total workout count was 2. That may have had to do with the fact that even at 9AM it was in the low 90's and humid to boot. So on Friday I got out for what I thought would be a easy 6 mile run with my dad riding along on his mountain bike. Side note: my dad will wear a hooded sweat shirt if he was running across the Sahara. I mean it's crazy, I have no idea how he doesn't keel over from heat stroke! He says its from his days as a wrestler, where the goal was to lose as much weight as possible in every workout. Amazing... Anywho, I got another short run in on Saturday and then took Sunday/Monday off to recuperate.

Now that I am back in Chi-tropolis, I kicked it off with a 9.6 mile run at 7min mile pace. The beach path is getting super busy, every category of activity has increased in popularity, but it seems biking has become the most popular. Apparently there are more Lance Armstrong wannabe's in the midwest than I expected. These bikers are extremely angry people. On average I get yelled at by a biker 3.38 times a run. I try to look out for them when I am passing someone in front of me, but why do they have priority over us "faster than average" runners? I mean as far as toughness, runners produce much more lactic acid over a much shorter distance. The fact is you have to spend double the amount of time on a bike to burn the same amount of calories you would by running. Therefore as the chancellor of the beach path, you bikers are ordered to CHILL OUT! We're all out there doing our best to not get in anyones way.

Ridonkuous

No comments:

Post a Comment