Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Weight Regimen and Video of "The Path"


Check out my beach path on a windy day last week. Pretty cool right? Definitely my favorite part about Chicago.

Last week I started a new weight routine that is more inline with my marathon goals. That means no more "beach weights," it's time to work the high reps low lbs. No more mass building, now it's all about building core strength and getting some lean sinewy muscle like Usain Bolt (sorry I dont know the names of any famous marathoners)! I'm still recovering from this annoying bug, so I didn't want to push it too hard today but I didn't want to be a couch potato either. The gym was basically empty, it was a sunday (not to mention mother's day), I could get to each station without a wait, and I was strug-el-ing! It was good to do though, can't let a little sickyness get in my way. Hoping tomorrow I will be closer to 100% and can get a long run in after work. I also think starting tomorrow I'm going to publicize the blog... hopefully to critical acclaim of course!

PS
I just saw that they are bringing back NBA JAM... I remember spending hours playing that with my childhood friend Joey. BOOM-SHAKALAKA!!!!! HE'S ON FIREEEE!!! This remake looks like a bunch of bobble heads playing basketball though... which is a good way to describe what it looks like when I play basketball, but doesn't fly with professionals... oh well I'll try it of course SLAMAJAMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment