Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Recovery" Run

Got home from work today a little later than usual. Was exhausted all day, but felt like I needed to do some sort of run being that in the past 7 days I've only been able to get in a few mediocre workouts. So I reheated some coffee from the morning and pounded down a bowl of cereal before gearing up. The plan was to do a short run, about 4 miles, at a slower pace... well that didn't exactly happen. I think it was a combination of the caffeine kicking in around mile 2 and my new ipod playlist that just kept me from wanting to turn around. The weather wasn't even nice! But somehow I just zoned out and found myself farther than I had ever run down the path. Round trip the run was 11.26 miles, and from the reading on my new GPS watch, I was moving at a decent pace (7 min miles... a 3 hour marathon is about a 6:53 min mile). It was just one of those run where my brain turned off and everything felt great. It was pretty surprising being that I am just getting over this bug! Heart rate was in the right range, between 150-165 hpm, and with some sprint work I should be able to get that down a bit. In a couple months I have to do a 20 mile training run (i think a few weeks before the race) and at this rate that should be a breeze!

On another note I need to get involved with the American Cancer Society of Chicago pretty soon. The training is alot, but I have done a good deal of morning work and can volunteer in the afternoon. Luckily the adminstrators at ACS are extremely helpful, and I think they will be able to point me in the right direction.

Also I need to get a video camera to make some video of the training, volunteering, and maybe a few video-journal entries. Ebay here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment