Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lots of people graduate in 8 years. Ya, they're called doctors...

This will be short and sweet. I'm feeling a combination of exhausted and stupid... a terrible equation when I'm writing, it leads to some strange tangents that I have no control over. So the marathon is in 16 days 8 hours 25 minutes 55 seconds... 54 seconds... 53 seco... you get it. This week has been a mixed bag. Monday was a decent run, Tuesday I was exhausted and took day off, Wednesday morning I ran 9ish miles before work and played flag football at 930pm, and today I did 3x1 miles w/ 1min (ish) rest. I was pretty dead during today's workout, but I'm going to chalk it up to yesterdays double workout and just overall wear and tear. My runs are going to be cut shorter staring tomorrow for taper. I usually feel pretty terrible during the beginning of tapers, which I always thought was weird, but by the end of the taper I usually feel anxious, full of energy, and ready to fight! I'll talk a bit more about this later this weekend, in general my spirits are good. At times I think about the distance and the time and the effort, and I get pretty nervous. I have to remind myself I've put in the work, I've made the sacrifices, and people are expecting me to succeed (I know nobody is putting pressure on me... but I feel like I owe it to everyone who has supported me to follow through). Alrighty... windy night, which means its going to be hard to sleep and 5AM is only 6 hours away.

I want to say Hi to the new readers... thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment