Monday, September 13, 2010

Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus,don't even know a word yet...

Quick post just to recap weekend.

Thursday did a legit 4x1 mile with 1 min rest. Heavy winds & overall tiredness caused my times to be slower than usual. When I saw my first mile was slower than 6 minutes I decided to make sure to be exactly on 1 min rest. In the past I maybe took a few more seconds to get started again, but this time I knew I wasn't going for time so I thought it best to just run myself tired. In the end I was fairly pleased with my performance, knowing that the day before I had done 2 workouts.

Friday was off and Saturday was my long run for the day. Went to be at 1130 on Friday to get up early, but of course ended up reading the paper/watching the news at 8AM on Saturday before getting out for my run at 945 in the middle of a rain storm. The first 11 miles went pretty well. I averaged about 6min50sec miles and wasn't too winded....

ok ok ok... i wrote that first part right before I left work... now it's about 10pm. I left work a little late, and got my 10 miles (avg 6:46 miles) and now I am le (freakin) tired. Sorry can't be funny or even finish what I began writing 5 hours ago... you can guess i finished the long run and took Sunday off... I really wish cool stuff happened to me on the runs (like thwarting an attempted mugging or helping a single mother give birth while defending her from flocks of killer seagulls or accidentally running over and squashing Snooki, hence saving the world from at least one terrible cast member of that stupid, brain sucking, intellectual vacuum of a show... how do i know her name you say... well i do keep up on popular culture... i don't just sit around and watch reruns of Three's Company, Chips, Family Ties, anything on TGIF from back in the day... those shows were AWESOME! nothing like that on tv anymore, freakin "boy meets world,"Family Matters," "STEP BY STEP!" wow utter life molding classics.... i probably should put the other side of the parenthesis here somewhere huh? it's kind of unnecessary now that I've written about a paragraphs worth of my rant and the other side of the closed parenthesis has to relate to whats before the opening parenthesis and I'm sure you already forgot what I was talking about anyways... damn you tired man brain... oh god now I'm going into ripping off the old spice man... ok i gotta stop here's the close...), but in the end I'm just runnnnnning.

We are now just $200 away from $2000! Thank you so much for your donations... if you haven't donated yet please use the button on the top right of the page... every dollar helps a great great cause!

Side note I have to run at 5am the next 3 days... ugh... so time for some zzzzzz's.... dreaming of what it be like to grow up a "Banks"


No comments:

Post a Comment