Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dread...

I am dreading today's workout! Sneaking a quick post in during work. Tuesday I did 10 miles, yesterday I did cross training (weights/erg/bike), and today I have my speed workout to do. That's 4 x 1 mile w/ 1 min rest at around 615 pace. Next to stretching, speed workouts are the 2nd biggest aspect of training I have been apathetic about. Run 18 miles, fine. Run a half marathon at sub pace, easy. Do 4 measly miles somewhat hard and I turn into a head case! I guess I haven't done high intensity stuff in a long long time. I used to love it... ok that's a lie... we used to do this workout in college called "Clubs" every Monday. First of all this put a damper on your weekend, but really even as you finished one Monday you were thinking about the next! Those workouts were 10x500m w/ 30sec rest on an erg, and your highest split was your "club." If you rowed before, you can understand how this type of workout would cause you to go insane. So that is what I am feeling right now, maybe to lesser extent. I'm going to do it, but I'm not going to be happy about it... watchout casual runners... here comes gumby (what i think i look like since loosing 20 lbs over past couple months)

No comments:

Post a Comment